Friday, February 17, 2012

February Lovin' Product Haul

Hey everyone! So, I went to the mall last weekend and basically had $50 to blow on the things that I'd had my eyes on for quite a while. :) I left the mall extremely happy. Let's begin!
 The first product is from The Body Shop and is called Chocomania Bag of Heart Soaps. This costs $6, whereas the larger, individual bars cost $4.

As you may be able to tell, I did use the one on the top right twice then put it back in the bag for this picture, ha ha. First off, I love love loveee them!! This soap smells fantastic and the heart shape is sooo cuteee!! It smells so different from the rest of their Chocomania collection and is a lot more subtle. The scent smells mainly of cocoa butter with a dash of chocolate, rather than their reoccuring Chocomania scent that is in their body butter. They also include little bits of coconut shell as an exfoliator, and it is surprisingly delicate on my super sensitive skin! :) The scent hardly lingers after a shower, and my skin is sooo smooth afterwards. Just one of these mini-bars has lasted me 6 showers, and it looks like I have at least 5 more left in it! I will definitely be going back for a ton more, especially at $6 for 4!! :)

 Continuing with the Chocomania collection is their Chocomania Body Butter which is sold in the large size at $18, it is also sold in the mini size at $6. Let me begin with this, I opened a jar of this body butter and seriously gagged. I had expected it to smell divine like most of their stuff (excluding their grapefruit scent, ha ha) but it didn't. I did not buy the full size or the mini, but they gave me a sample with my purchase and the lady told me that once it's applied, the scent dies down. I assumed she was hoping I'd turn around a buy a full size container, but I put in my mind that after my shower, I would try it...
I did and I actually do like it. I couldn't stop smelling myself! I had put it on my arms so I could really get my whiffer exposed to it. ha ha. And I really do like it. I shower at night, so this stays on me while I sleep and all the next day. When I woke up (7 hours after my shower and application) I could still slightly smell it. The body butter smelled somewhat of men's cologne, but just slightly. An hour later, after I did my hair and makeup, I went to apply perfume and I couldn't smell the body butter any longer except on my arms, but very faintly, which was great because it didn't change the smell of my perfume or anything. However, I will not be buying any size container of this scent because I'm just not too into it like I am with their almond scent!

 And the last item from The Body Shop, is the Almond Bath & Shower Gel. This is about $8. As I said, I am in love with their almond scent. I wish they had an almond home fragrance oil or something so I could smell this stuff 24/7!! I own their body butter in this scent too (see my older haul post for that review), I just can't get enough of it, every time I go in this store, I just have to pop open a body butter to smell it more. Ha ha. I'm an addict. :)
I loveee thisss smellll!! It does leave a hint of the almond smell on my skin, but as all of their other products that I own, it isn't enough to interfere with perfumes. <3

 Now for the one product I purchased from Sephora. It's from Escada (I love their perfumes) and is called Rockin' Rio. This is the scent that got me hooked on their brand. I'm soooo happy that it's returned for a limited time because I'm almost completely out of my full size.
The packaging on this isn't that cute or whatever, but I don't even care, I know the scent and LOVE it. The full sized bottles were $55. The one I purchased was $20, on the sign it was advertised as a rollerball, but I was so pleasantly surprised when I arrived home and found it to be a spray instead. :) I can't explain the scent, I just know it, you must go smell it though! Definitely my go-to perfume! :)

 Then I stopped in Bath & Body Works for their Valentine's party! :) And to make some purchases.
Up first is the Coconut Leaves mini candle (1.3 oz). This was $3.50.
 I really like the smell of coconut and this just puts that at the next level. The container is made of glass this time. I loveee this candle so much!! It's sweet and fresh and tropical. <3 So summery. :)

 Another mini candle I purchased is Flower Shop. I have yet to burn it at all, but I purchased it because it reminds me of the gardens in Giverny in Paris, which I miss more and more each day. This was also $3.50.
The packaging is pretty cute and springy, but brings back summer memories. :) I can't wait to begin burning it!!

 Then I purchased a Vanilla Berry Sorbet PocketBac for $1.50.
I really enjoy this scent. It's so addicting and summery!! I don't know how long this scent is back for, since it was released last summer, so I had to buy it. Ha ha. Fantastic!!

 I also bought a PocketBac in Exotic Rainforest. This was also $1.50.
This one is a really fresh and clean scent, very slightly fruity. It's alright, smells pretty good, but it's not a scent that I'm going to repurchase.

I also got their Deep Cleansing Hand Soap in Fresh Picked Tangerines for $5.50.
I like this smell a lot. Smells exactly like tangerines, and sooo summery!! :)

 And last but not least, a travel size shower gel in Paris Amour for $5. But I had been mailed two coupons for them, one was for any free travel size signature collection item. I like this scent, so, of course, I bought it.
I like this scent, it's light and romantic. For me, there's no lingering scent. It's pretty decent.

 For Valentine's Day, my parents bought me a Shakira S Eau Florale Eau de Toilette Natural Spray in the 1 fl. oz. size, which was on sale at Walgreens at the time for about $13.
 It doesn't strike me as too floraly, mainly fruity, I do like it though.

May you find many great new scents this month, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment