Saturday, March 3, 2012

Heavy Metal!...Cosmetics?!?!

Hi everyone. I'm really sorry about not posting last weekend and to apologize somewhat in advance for not really posting this weekend either. I have come down with the flu and I'm behind on a lot of things, obviously, including this.
 
    So I did happen to read an article about there being some heavy metals in beauty products, to which I was alarmed because these metals are not listed on labels, are very harmful to the body, let alone that we apply these to our faces! So I'll include this article so you guys can throw out these products if you own them and hopefully avoid purchasing them. This article actually made me want to buy certified "green" or "eco-friendly" products... kind of. I still love my MAC mascaras, and the only product of theirs that had an issue was a certain kind of blush, which I never use, except my different kind in Azalea Blossom.
   I was alarmed to see these metals in higher end brands: Clinique, Sephora, MAC, and Benefit. But I was also glad I don't use any of these products except for the Benefit Benetint. Which was obviously disappointing, seeing as I really like this product. But just knowing what is in it, was enough to make me immediatly throw it in the trash.
  So finally, here is the article!

Shocking right?? I do wish they would have listed all 49 of the products that included the heavy metals. So disappointing to me just hearing that some of my favorite brands have harmful products in them. Hopefully these brands realize this or will do something to put an end to the use of these.

I'll try to do a new post next weekend, but I'm not sure what over. That will be determined last minute. Hah!

Keeping your face from harmful metals, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment