Sunday, March 25, 2012

MAC and Chen Man!

This is the heart-hidden surprise from the picture I posted yesterday!!
MAC Cosmetics partnered with Chen Man to form a collection called Love and Water. Chen Man is a fashion photographer from Beijing, in her photography she combines her camera skills with her computer photoediting techniques. She says that she was inspired by her infatuation with love and water, yin and yang, and pink and blue.
 





These are the two ads for this collection and the pictures are of Chen Man herself.

And these are a couple of her works in photography.

So let's get on with the product that I purchased from this collecion.
The one that I got is a mineralize eyeshadow duo, which is available in three colors: Supersweet, which is bronzy, gold mélange, pink on one side and the other is a golden pink; Pink Union, half is a taupe, lavender, brown mélange and the other half is a solid dark violet; and Love Cycle has part light blue, white, dark blue mélange with the other side being a solid royal blue. And just so you know, mélange means that it's a mixture.
 I thought that the sleeve that Chen Man created for the box was pretty so I just had to take a picture and show you guys. As you may be able to tell, I bought the Pink Union color. I love purple in pretty much everything. Ha ha. This duo is great, they go perfectly together and they are so smooth! Which is odd for a mineral eyeshadow. Very blendable and very pretty.

 Though I do have to warn you to be careful when applying it, there are a lot of sparkles packed in here and most fall to your under eye area, so I recommend holding a tissue or something underneath while applying. If not, then apply your eyeshadow before any face make-up so that you can use make-up remover to nix any extra sparkles underneath, where they shouldn't be. :)












Here it is swatched. This duo is absolutely buildable and wonderful! :) I did like the rest of the collection, but I don't think it's for me. Very pretty though. You all should take a peep at this collection. :)

Pink Union dreams, Annie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment