Monday, June 4, 2012

My Shellac Experience!

 I would like to start with apologizing for my month hiatus! ...One of these days I will continually post on time! I've been meaning to do a nail polish post on some of my favorite spring/summer nail colors, but I got shellac April 20th. :)
 I had an event to go to on Saturday and got my nails done on Friday. I love the people I go to for my nails, they're so nice and truly do have the longevity of a manicure in mind, they're not just about making money. I was hoping for a french manicure and did not want acrylics because I don't want to mess up my nails strength, seeing as they're quite strong on their own, but I wanted the look of acrylics. They recommended that I get a shellac french manicure, which I didn't know they could do, I thought that it was a 'solids only' kind of thing. Anyways, I got the shellac and I am so happy with the result.
   What is it?: Shellac is is similar to nail polish, but lasts for at least 14 days with zero chipping, scratching, or smudging. Some shellac claims to make nails stronger later, but I didn't notice it right after, but two weeks of being free from it, they do seem to have a new found strength. My nails were also quite strong with the shellac still on them, very similar to acrylics.
I'm not sure why I took a picutre with my toes? I had them done too though, just regular polish. Anyways, above is what my shellac looked like the first day! It didn't take long for them to apply and treat the shellac with a UV light. Very quick process, even with the shaping of my nails.

 So here is what my shellac looked like 2 weeks in. I did pick at my shellac this day before the picture; however, my thumb is what they had looked like before I was picking it off. Ha, sorry!
This stuff is amazing! If I was made of money, I would no longer use regular nail polish! My nails were pretty healthy after the removal of the shellac, I did cut them after I removed the shellac though because they were somewhat weak and didn't want my nails to split. I did do the removal myself with pure acetone, my nail salon knows what kind of person I am and that I will use it only for the purpose of removing shellac. I can tell you that most salons will want you to return for removal because you can't remove it with just nail polish remover and I don't recommend picking it off.
 If you have the money and around 30 minutes of spare time, I highly recommend getting it done!
Shellac lovin', Annie

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying your blog and am your newest follower. Please check mines out and follow me if you’d like =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Well thank you VERY much, I truly appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete