Friday, December 30, 2011

Up First, an After Christmas Mini Haul

So, I went to the mall yesterday (December 29) and the day before (December 28) and I figured I'd show you guys what I purchased. :)

 The 28th I pretty much only purchased from MAC Cosmetics. I bought the Interior Life quad from their collaboration with Daphne Guinness, and the Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Warp Speed.
The quad costs $38, as all of their quads do.              And the Lipcreme costs $17.
   Then the 29th, I went to MAC Cosmetics again, Sephora, and The Body Shop. Unfortunately, the lady at MAC gave me the wrong blush, so I have no review for the Daphne Guinness Blush Ombre. I asked for it in Azalea Blossom and handed her the store sample and she still gave me Vintage Grape. You'd think I would have learned by now to check what the give me because this is probably the tenth time this has happened at this exact store.

      At Sephora I purchased Jingle G from Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers collection. It was on sale from the original price of $25, down to $11!! The unfortunate thing is that there is only 10ml (0.33 fl. oz.) in the bottle, but I know it will take me foreverrr to use because I have so many others and don't need another full-sized perfume, ha ha. 
                                                   
Anywhoo, it smells soooo gooddd. I really like it!! It mostly smells like vanilla with hints of flowers and a slight musk, I know musk sounds gross or manly, but it really isn't, at least not in this perfume, it just adds some depth to the scent. :) I really don't have too much to say about it other than how wonderful it smells! Ha ha. In the picture it looks like there's white on her lips, but it's just shine from the flash of my camera. Her lips and belt are a metallic color, the belt is gold and her lips are a deep red.

And then with my online order, I purchased a Korres lipgloss set of four for just $28!! All of these in this set are full-sized too! They charge $17 for one, so I had to jump on this cuz I had heard nothing but good things about this brand. They all smell like cherries, and not that artificial cherry smell, it smells like real cherries. Which is a big thing for me, I hate when they market something as a certain scent and it just smells sooo fake. But these really don't and I love them for that, they have a slightly tacky feel to them, but it's not too bad. I wouldn't pay $17 for one, but I would pay $28 for a set of four. :) The names go from left to right in the box and top to bottom on my hand. Natural Purple, which is more of a brown color, not really purple; Rose, which is a light rosy color; Fuchsia, a more red-pink color; and Light Purple, the lightest of all of them and fairly sheer, but very pretty. The last three colors have to be my favorite and so far I can't decide which one I like best. :)
  
 Then at The Body Shop, I bought 3 things. I mainly went in there because I wanted another body butter. Those are FANTASTIC!! And it really doesn't matter if you buy it in the large or small container. The small is about $6 and the large (which I bought when I went in) is $18. I went for the large one because I already tried their body butters in Satsuma (orange) and Mango. Personally, I like the mango better. Mostly because it is a more subtle scent and I can hardly smell it (if at all) in the morning. While the satsuma one is a very strong orange scent. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but not when I'm going out. The body butters are great for after you shave, both on your legs and under your arms...well it does say body butter. Ha ha. Yesterday, I purchased the Almond scent. It smells hea-ven-ly!!
                        

I decided that because my hands have been really dry for about a week (mainly because of winter weather and washing my hands a lot) that I would put some of the body butter in a squeeze tube both for ease of access and because I don't like sticking my fingers in a big tub unless I'm going to then go and wash my hands (it tends to get under my nails). I know it sounds odd, but it's me ha ha.

 I also purchased a shower gel in Passion Fruit, $8 for 250ml (8.4 fl. oz.). To me, it's just another shower gel. I really do enjoy the scent though.
Uhhh, all I have to say really is that it smells pretty good! Ha. I mean, it cleans and you feel clean after using it slight lingering scent, but not enough to interfere with a perfume that you use after if you shower in the morning.

  And lastly, a Home Fragrance Oil in Vanilla & Tonka Bean. There is 10ml (0.3 fl. oz.) in the bottle, which is quite a bit considering you only need about 2 or 3 in a scentbug, but it should last for quite a while then. :) The Home Fragrance Oils from them costs $7.50. Basically what you do with a home fragrance oil is you can put some oil in an oil burner or a Scentbug from Bath & Body Works, but they currently aren't selling them, I think it's only sold in the summer, this is what I use. A scentbug is something that uses a little fan to disperse the scent through your room.
I reallyyy like the way it smells. If you couldn't tell, I like the way vanilla smells, ha ha. For whatever reason this scent makes me feel really relaxed, like a day at the spa or a soothing bubble bath, ha ha.
    So that is everything that I got this week from my mall trips. I'm going to post reviews on the pieces I have from the MAC and Daphne Guinness collaboration TONIGHT!! I promise you guys, I feel so bad for not posting it sooner!! And please leave your comment about what you think of this post! :)
Happy scenting, Annie

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl thanks for the comment on my 'Latest Beauty' post I have replied. You have a fantastic blog, if I ever need to know anything about M.A.C this will be my first port of call. I have just subscribed to you blog so look forward to more posts from you xxx

    www.elefont-at.blogspot.com

    Anika xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwee, thank you! I also do reviews on other brands. :) MAC is just my favorite, ha.
    Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete