Friday, December 30, 2011

Daphne Guinnes Collection with MAC Cosmetics

Finally posting this. Again, I'm sorry it took me so long guys!! So first I'll give you some information about Daphne Guinness and her Limited Edition collection.

  Daphne Guinness was born on November 9, 1967, so she is 44, just thought you should know to get a better image that she is experienced in life and isn't a sparkling 20-something-year-old. Don't get me wrong, I'm really not saying that it's a bad thing! She seems like she has the energy of a 20-something though and she has some great talent too! Her skin is quite youthful though. I only hope that my skin looks that good when I reach that age, which will be quite a while, ha ha. Daphne is an heiress of the Guinness beer empire and was named the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame in 1994. She has 3 children aged at 22, 20, and 16. She designed a range of clothing with Dover Street Market. Daphne is prominent in the fashion society as both a journalist and collector of couture. She is also an artist. She based this collection off of her art and said that this collection is "a window into her imagination." And oh man, I am fascinated by this window. I would buy 3 of 4 of the Cremesheen Glasses if they weren't sticky.

                          
 As you can see, she can look very classy, but also veryyyy bold. Ha. So most people were expecting bold and unwearable colors (for most), but she surprised a lot of people with a deep color basis in every item. :)

 From this collection I purchased the Interior Life quad, Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Warp Speed, and the Blush Ombre in Azalea Blossom.
                                        
The Interior Life quad is half and half pigmented and not. It costs $38 as all of their quads do. The top row is fairly difficult to get a true color, where the bottom row is very concentrated. What I mean by pigmented and concentrated, is that you don't need much on your brush to get color.
On the quad it goes from left to right and same on the bottom, then on my hand it is top to bottom: Stratus (Matte), Bruised Sky (Veluxe Pearl), Interior Life (Satin), and Heather Belles (Satin). The colors are darkest on the left of my hand (I applied more there, not just one sweep) and blend out further to the right. Stratus is the hardest one to make color apparent on me, it would probably show up better on someone with darker skin than mine. I had to circle where I put it in red so you didn't think that I forgot to swatch it. Ha ha. For me and my skin shade (at MAC NW15) I can use Stratus as a highlight (under my brow and on my inner corner). Just be sure and go easy with the bottom two, Interior Life and Heather Belles. Just two small sweeps is enough for color. :) I do like the look it gives, it's like a stormy sky, but is quite elegant and calming at the same time, definitely a smoky look. This will be my almost daily choice of eyeshadow this winter. :)
 The Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Warp Speed is a light silvery color and somewhat white, it has pink shimmer  in it too. :) I spent $17 on it. 
 It depends on how much you apply as to how white-silver the color is on your lips. I applied a fairly light amount to my lips, but just enough to get color in the picture. Then, in the swatch, it is darker on the right side of my hand and fades more to the left. I love it, it makes my teeth look whiter which is great because there's something on my braces called a chain that stains and makes my teeth look yellow even though it's only the chain.

I finally exchanged the wrong Blush Ombre for the correct one (Azalea Blossom)!! :) I put it on about an hour ago and it feels so light on my face, I don't even notice it's there, which is how all blushes should feel!! I love it!! In the packaging, the blush goes from a light pink at the top and blends into a lavender color at the bottom. It costs $26 and is most definitely worth every single dollar!! In the package you can see the shimmer really well and the fantastic shades they chose to use.
                                              
On my hand from top to bottom is the pink, then the middle where the two colors meet, and at the bottom is the plain purple. Azalea Blossom has shimmer in it, but when applied, it is really light and slightly noticable when you move your face in the light, so it really flatters your face and draws attention. You could use the blush multiple ways: just the pink, just the purple, the very middle where they blend together, or swirl your brush all through the blush (in circular motions). Personally, I like to swirl it. When used, it gives just a hint of color and is just very nice and adds a touch of elegance. I'm sooo happy that I purchased this and it is well worth it!! However; if you are picky, I suggest going to your local MAC Cosmetics store and trying it out and seeing how you like it.

How to approach a cosmetic counter employee - Try not to be afraid to ask an employee there to assist you with application of a blush and which ones they recommend and give you some tips about how to apply it! About 95% of their employees are more than willing to assist you and be nice about it. I have only had a few snooty experiences, but those kinds of people are in every business. If you find a snooty employee, just say "Nevermind.", put the blush down, and leave. The majority of the time, they don't want to lose a sale so they will then suck up to you, if not, just go back later; or you have the option of saying "Nevermind.", walking away with the blush sample in your hands and ask another employee who appears to have a better attitude. Keep your head held high and don't get an attitude with them, chances are if you do that or talk bad about an employee to another, they will tell them and/or give you bad service because they will assume that you're a gossip or someone that is just rude. Use your manners with the employees, remember, they're people too, they aren't robots with no feelings, and if they get a customer with major attitude, they're obviously going to want to get rid of you as soon as they can. If I were in their shoes, I may even go as far as to say something like "I don't appreciate you speaking to me that way, so let's both act like professionals and adults here. We both want something, so please treat me with the same respect and assistance that you want from me." Again, try to treat them how you want them to treat you, if you respect them, chances are, they'll reflect the same respect back to you. :)
         I hope that all of this helps!!
Please leave your comments and what you think of my posts. :)
Loving the new collection, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment