Thursday, January 5, 2012

MAC Ice Parade and Glitter And Ice collection :) Winter 2011

I did get two things from this fantastic collection that I felt thatcould not go without. :) I got lucky when my friend and I went to the mall to get things from the collection and they had a demo/show going on. So they had one male model and one female model in what looked like an open-air snowglobe and they had white roller blades on to look like ice skates. They were there mainly to draw attention and to take pictures with people. The models were very nice and the male looked almost identical to the original model they used in their campaign pictures. But anyways, let's get started. :)
I purchased the 6 Snowglobe Eyeshadows/Warm. It was $38, which I actually appreciated because their quads are the same price, so you get more colors in this for the same price, even though the ones with 6 will have less of each individual color than the quad would, but anyways, it's a good deal if you like having variation. The main reason I purchased this one is because I don't really have many neutral colors and it had the least permanant colors in it, the only permanant one is Patina. The Cool one had similar colors to the individual ones that I already have and had two permanant colors: Howzat and Idol Eyes. Then the Sultry one I felt that I wouldn't use too often even though I really do like the colors and it had the most permanant colors: Black Tied, Trax, and Shadowy Lady.

I love the packaging sooo much!!! On the lid, it is truely like a snowglobe. There's water in it and lots of silver glitter, of course, when you shake it the glitter spins and it's so pretty.
The palette includes (from left-right, top-bottom in the palette, and top-bottom on my hand): Winterscape (Lustre), Magical Mist (Lustre), Patina (Frost), Buckwheat (Velvet), Gaelic Gold (Veluxe Pearl), and Midnight Flurry (Matte).The picture in the right (in the packaging) shows the true colors of the palette. The swatched picture does include Winterscape, but it's just really shimmery and doesn't have much of a white color when applied. The swatched picture is also a bit blurry and a little bit off but it's better than nothing. :)

Then for Christmas I got their Glitter and Ice Nail Lacquer in Unconditionally Fabulous. It has a clear base to it, so it's mainly a topcoat, but you could definitely use it by itself for shimmer. :) Like all of their nail lacquers are, it was $16.
                     
I really like the white cap it's really different from what they've ever done with their nail lacquers. :) Then as you can see, I have it over blueish nail polish and it looks very wintery. :) Again, I really really like it. It's soo sparkly so I will definitely get a lot of use out of it. :)
 So this is what I got from their major winter collection, and I would at least get the eyeshadow palette while you can. :)
Oh and just so you know, I'm not affiliated with MAC Cosmetics, nor am I paid to do reviews, nor do they send me any free products, I have purchased everything on my own. 
    Plus, I will be editing my Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre on Friday night into my previous post and will post a new one saying I've done so.
Please comment and subscribe to my blog. :)
Smoky eyes and sparkly nails, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment