Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sales of January are around!! :)

So I only had $13 to spend when I went to the mall yesterday, which is like two things (normally) from Bath & Body Works. Thinking about how much everything costs now is just insane. Everything is overpriced, whether or not they're necessary. However; I found a ton of things on sale in Bath & Body Works, which made me extremely happy. :) And B&BW was the only place that I bought things from, but I love what I got. :)

First off, "select" hand sanitizers (PocketBac) were only 50 cents, while they're normally $1.50! So I like that deal, I did only buy one because I found other stuff that I wanted too.
I purchased one in Winter Cranberry. I find that it smells the same as Frosted Cranberry. I like the smell, it's sweet, but fresh. Very wintery. :)

Bath & Body Works has a new collection called Escape To the Tropics and it is comprised of three lotions.The collection is going to be released January 16th this year. It is composed of three different scents: Aruba Coconut, Bali Mango, and Rio Rumberry. I like all three. When the collection is released, the mini bottles of lotion will be $3.50 each, but currently, since it's not yet fully out, it's $1 each. Which I love. :)
So the one I wound up buying was Aruba Coconut. I reallyyyy like the smell of coconut. It kinda has a "musky" smell, but just enough to give it some depth. I really like it and I think I'll be using it pretty often. :)

Then I bought, from what I was told, is part of a new collection. There were four or five different scents and each were $3! Whereas all Anti-bacterial Deep Cleansing hand soaps are normally $5.50. The one I got is called Wildberry Hibiscus.
I really like the scent, it smells like berries and slightly like flowers. I smell raspberries and strawberries, but also something more foresty. :) It isn't shown online at all, I only see it online in the PocketBac, so if I were you, I would check your store for it, because I really like it, and I'm not sure if they were getting rid of these from extra stock or if they're new.

I also purchased a candle that they must have had in extra stock and wanted to get rid of. It came out around the time they released Paris Amour. They had different scented candles at the time: Lavender Macaroons, French Caramel Cakes, and Spiced Madeleine. I saw all three and I really like French Caramel Cakes and Spiced Madeleine.
As you can see, I ended up choosing Spiced Madeleine. I had to pick one because as I said earlier, I had a limited amount of money. I have yet to burn it, but I will try to tonight, and edit it either while it is burning, or tomorrow afternoon. However; I have absolutely smelled it and can smell it in my room as is. I smell the cinnamon and nutmeg that it is said to have in it. It really has a sweet and somewhat spicy scent to it. People have said that it smells like Creamy Pumpkin to them, but I really don't see it, I absolutely hated Creamy Pumpkin and I found it to be way overly sweet; I don't think that Spiced Madeleine smells similar at all. I love the candle and I think it's wonderful. Normally the small candles (1.6 oz.) are $3.50, in store, but I paid $1.50. The deal was that if you purchased a candle holder with it, you only had to pay $1.50 for the candle, but with the $2.50 from the holder. But the cashier said that I got a free holder, and she only charged me $1.50 for the candle, though the signs with the mini candles said that if you don't buy the holder, you have to pay regular price for the candle, but I went with it, I'm not gonna argue with a free holder. Haha.
The holder fits the candle really well. I was originally planning on either just burning it in what the candle comes in; or taking it out of its plastic holder, pulling the wick out, and sticking it in my wax melter. I was leaning more towards the second option ha ha. But now I'm good. :) As you can see, the holder is just plain and clear glass, nothing fancy, but I'm fine with that cuz you can see the cute design on the original jar.
  Well, that's it guys. Thank you for reading my blogs, scroll down for more!!
May the smells of B&BW be with you!, Annie

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about that Slatkin and Co Candles. Great informative blog - have just started followingxx

    http://elefont-at.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I loveee their candles and they seem to burn for quite a while.
      I have two more coming in a review/haul which I'll be doing this evening.
      That's fantastic! I appreciate your interest in my blog. :) Thank you for reading. :) ~Annie

      Delete