Monday, January 16, 2012

MAC Royal Assets 2007

MAC Royal Assets: 6 Warm Eyes
So I realize that this palette is from the holiday season of 2007, but I figured I'd share it with you guys anyways. I'm pretty sure the collection that this is from was called Antiquease, but I'm honestly not sure. Ha ha, I'm sorry, I just know that the name of the palettes were Royal Assets. At the time this palette's cost was $36. And of course, if you go and buy it from somewhere online, the cost will be a lot more because it has been so long since it's been released. In the past 4ish years, the price of their 6 shadow palettes have gone up $2, unfortunately. But it's not much compared to other companies inflating prices in a matter of just one year. What first drew me to this collection, was, of course, the packaging, it's just so pretty! :)
So let's begin. :)
I really like the colors in this palette, i feel that it is sooo wearable and you can mix the colors to get a totally different effect. I was definitely surprised how smoothly these colors apply, it's like they literally glide across your eyelids. :) With this palette, you could do looks for work, school, parties, clubbing, etc. :)


 The names of the colors included are (from left-right, top-bottom) :
-Sunday Best (Frost) a, well, frosty light pink, very pretty
-Nobility (Shimmer) a slightly shimmery, very light brown color, sort of the color of my coffee after I add a ton of creamer, ha ha
-Retrospeck (Lustre) this is a very sheer golden color and is very sparkly, can layer over a look for some extra flare :)
-Star Violet (Veluxe Pearl) a lot like Retrospeck in the texture and look, but definitely more pigmented, really pretty plum color
-Club (Shimmer) a deep brown with a blue tint to it, really pretty, and well, shimmery
-Showstopper (Matte) a dark brown, kind of like a wooden color, but still pretty.

There are three permanant colors of the six in the palette, the permanant ones are: Retrospeck, Star Violet, and Club, so you can run into any MAC Cosmetics store and still purchase these. The brush that is included in a mini size is the 213 Fluff Brush, the full size costs $22.50, but I don't own the full size because, well, I have the mini. But also because I have an equivalent brush from Estee Lauder, which came in a kit, and unfortunately, there's no number or anything to identify which brush it is.
From top-bottom on my hand the colors are: Sunday Best, Nobility, Retrospeck, Star Violet, Club, and Showstopper. I put a box around Sunday Best so it won't be so hard to find it, ha ha.

At the time in which I purchased this palette, I wasn't too into make-up...yet. And a great big YET at that. Ha ha. But this really has recently become more of a go-to palette for my school make-up. :) I feel like Sunday Best and Nobility remind me of something along the lines of ballet-style colors, very pretty and elegant and sophisticated.  Just about any combination would work with this palette and it's really simple to go from a day look, to a night look.
Hope you guys enjoyed this review, and I hope that if you want it, that you are able to find it somewhere.
Please comment what you think about each blog and what you would like to see reviewed, and subscribe. :)
Royal wishings, Annie

4 comments:

  1. Omg I would do anything to find this palette!! Mine was stolen out of my car, alongside the rest of my eyeshadows :( lucky you! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear! Fortunately, they sell 3 of these colors regularly! If you can't find it in the store, they'll at least be online. :) There are a couple of Showstopper eyeshadows for sale on ebay, but I wouldn't be willing to pay $32.50+ for one eyeshadow that's just a simple matte brown. Honestly, that eyeshadow isn't worth it, there are a million others that are just as good, if not better. You could basically make your own "Royal Assets" palette since they already sell 3 of the 6 and then just find others that are similar to the other 3. :) Good luck!! -Annie <3

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I have since moved on from my loss, and have acquired many more single eyeshadows and palettes. Alas, my Royal Assets palette was my first MAC palette and also my first love. But we move on, right? Haha, but really, I have new favorites and 3 of 6 as you suggested :) Thanks for replying! (even though I'm a little late)

      Delete
    3. Haha, it's understandable! I'm glad to hear! No problem :)

      Delete